When we refer to fitness workouts, we often hear the word “Cardio “.
Cardio are those forms of exercise that require the body to bring in a sufficient supply of oxygen through breathing for prolonged periods of exercise.
We hope that through the introduction of this article, you can better understand the role of cardio and make yourself healthier.
Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
1. Cardio exercise can improve the contractility and relaxation force of the heart, increase the blood supply and oxygen supply of the myocardium, and make the heart function more effectively. In addition, cardio can also promote the growth and repair of vascular endothelial cells, enhance blood vessel elasticity, lower blood pressure, reduce blood viscosity and platelet aggregation, and improve hemodynamics and microcirculation.
Also, cardio increases lung ventilation and improves lung elasticity and compliance. Make the lungs absorb and transport oxygen more efficiently and expel carbon dioxide. Aerobic exercise can also increase the strength and endurance of respiratory muscles, improve the control ability of lung capacity and respiratory rate, and improve the coordination and stability of respiratory muscles.
Through research, the more cardio you do, the protective effect on cardiovascular health is greater. At least 150 minutes of cardio or 75 minutes of HIIT per week can effectively enhance the cardiorespiratory and cardiovascular systems.
2.As we mentioned before, cardio can strengthen our cardiovascular system, thereby promoting blood circulation, and reducing blood pressure and the risk of heart attack. Moreover, cardio can increase the body’s metabolic rate, so it can promote the utilization and absorption of glucose in the body after exercise. It can help diabetics by lowering blood sugar levels and reducing dependence on insulin. Finally, long-term cardio can strengthen the immune system and make you avoid more diseases.
3. Weight lose. This is mainly brought about by two aspects. On the one hand, we burn a lot of fat and consume calories during cardio. On the other hand, as we said, cardio helps speed up the metabolism, which helps us burn fat faster and keeps us burning more calories and fat after exercise.
4. Lastly, cardio can also help us relieve stress and anxiety. It can help to promote the balance of the body’s endocrine system and release endorphins in the body, which is a substance that can help us relieve stress and anxiety. Make us happy and energetic.
Common Cardio exercise
1. Jogging: Jogging is simple but effective cardio. It increases your heart and breathing rate while burning calories. But please pay attention to exercise in a place with fresh air, otherwise, it may be counterproductive
2. Swimming: Needless to say, swimming is amazing, it can exercise every part of your body. And the joints and muscles in the water can get better cushioning, which is also a very good exercise for some people with chronic diseases. It is a very comprehensive and safe cardio
3. Cycling: Cycling is a very efficient cardio. It strengthens your muscles while also helping you to keep weight. And no matter the weather, you can do this workout at home on an exercise bike
4. Climbing: Mountain climbing is an interesting cardio. The best thing about it is that you can enjoy the beautiful natural scenery while exercising
Do's and Don'ts of Cardio
1. Step by step. If you are a beginner, you should start with a moderate amount of cardio. Gradually increase the intensity and time to avoid injury and overload the body with excessive exercise.
2. Always warm up and stretch before doing aerobic exercise. Warm-up allows the body to gradually adapt to the intensity of exercise and prevent muscle strains and injuries. You can choose jogging, skipping rope, push-ups, etc. for your warm-up, the time is generally 10-15 minutes. Stretching increases muscle flexibility and reduces the risk of muscle injury. At the same time, stretching after exercise can make the exercise more effective.
3.Proper breathing is very important. Inhale deeply and exhale slowly to ensure the body is fully utilizing oxygen for energy metabolism.
4.During cardio exercise, the body loses a lot of water. So, be sure to stay hydrated properly to prevent dehydration. It is recommended to drink a glass of water 30 minutes before exercise and every 15 minutes during exercise. For HIIT, you can also consider adding sports drinks to replenish the electrolytes and sugars your body needs.
5.A reasonable diet can provide enough energy and nutrients to support cardio. It is recommended to eat some low-fat but high-carb foods, such as fruits, bread, and oatmeal, 1-2 hours before exercise. Within 30 minutes after exercise, you should eat some protein-rich foods, such as chicken, fish, and beans, to help the body recover.
Finally, I wish you all good health and a happy life