In the previous blog, we talked about the three preparatory exercises for your pull-ups. In addition, we discussed how you need to have realistic goals that not everybody can pull up his bodyweight.
These three exercises are you need to control well are:
- Dead Hang
- Scapular Pull-up
- Negative Pull-up
We discussed the technique and the perks of the Dead Hang in the previous blog, here we’ll elaborate on the Scapular Pull-up.
Before you start
You usually perform these exercises one after the other, but if for some reason you choose to complete them separately, warm up before you start this workout. Don’t overdo this warm-up, though; it should not fatigue you and drain all your strength; it should break a sweat.
Nowadays, most trainers and gym lovers agree that dynamic warm-up is a far better choice. A dynamic warm-up means you do not hold the body part to pull it into a stretch but rather move it through a full range of motion. This way, you will be better prepared.
Shoulder blade (scapula)
After completing the dead hang, it is time to hang at the bar again. This time we will train the scapular pull-ups. The scapula connects the upper arm bone (humerus) with the collarbone (clavicle). It is a large, flat triangular-shaped bone that we most commonly refer to as the shoulder blade.
It is a significant bone for all of your shoulder mobility. It is engaged in different types of motion like retraction, depression, and rotation which are needed for a fully functional shoulder. The shoulder is, after all, one of the most mobile joints in the body.
Performing the scapular pull-ups will help stabilize and strengthen your shoulders once you are pulling your entire body up from a bar. Relife Power Tower is best for this exercise.
Weight: 56.22 lbs
Dimensions :56.89 × 16.14 × 4.53 in
Maximum Affordable Weight:330LBS
• Processing time: 1-2 business days
• Shipping time: 3-5 business days (the U.S. only)
Note: with email notification of order confirmation and tracking number
How to do the Scapular pull-up
- Adjust the height of the top bar of Power Tower so you can easily reach it standing on your toes.
- Let your feet go and hang.
- This time, though, you ever so slightly bend your arms as if you are trying to break the bar.
- Make sure your lowerback and glutes stay entirely straight and tight.
- Externally rotate your shoulders; that is, try bringing your shoulderblades together while pushing them down as you breathein.
- This will raise your head and push your chest forward a little, so make sure to keep tension on your abs, lowerback, and glutes.
- This way, you try to raise your body as high as you can. Mind though, this raise is only like an inch or two.
- Hold this squeeze in your shoulderblades for a few seconds.
- Breath out while you lower yourself to the dead hang position.
- Try to repeat this movement a minimum of 6 times.
- Step off the Power tower and take 2-3 minute rest.
- Repeat for another two sets.
Perks of the Scapular pull-up
It goes for all these pull exercises: most of us lead a life behind a desk, often in a hunched position with the shoulders pushed forward, backbend. Or we squatted above our phone, which also internally rotates our shoulders. We train the shoulders and the traps to stay in a healthy position, back and down, with this exercise. It builds a better awareness of this essential part of your body. And over time, it will considerably improve your posture.
Relife Power Towers FAQs
Answer: Hi, the warranty is one year. For the parts: like screws, nuts, foams, plastic cover, etc., we can provide them for free for life.
Answer: Use pull-up assistance bands that come in different weights of assistance.
Answer: This is EXTREMELY easy to assemble. I used the included tools and took my time, and it took less than half an hour.
Answer: Yes. It is a solid and versatile construction. Easy assemble or disassemble.
Answer: The suction cups will not maintain the tower sturdy on uneven ground. It’s best to use the equipment on a level surface.
Answer: Not. It’s adjustable. Get it. You will be pleased with the quality of it!
Answer: The box is quite large and pretty heavy. It is unlikely that you could carry it very far, much less muscle it onto a bus. If you can do this, then you don’t need it!
Relife Official Global Fitness Center
[Relife Rebuild Your Life]To provide fitness enthusiasts with the most professional action guidance and the most complete body and fitness information! Gain muscle and reduce fat; fun information; on the way to fitness; you and I will go together!
Relife brand to rebuild your healthy lifestyle, join now as an initial member, enjoy a superior experience, and regularly give back to our royal members with premium quality fitness products, gifts, discounts, etc.
Find More Power Tower Information Guide In Relife Blog
- Beginner’s Plan One: Before You Start Your First Pull-up
- 2021 New Complex Power Tower Fitness Training Guide