In recent years, many adjustable weight benches are introduced in the market including adjustable weight benches, hyperextension benches, and folding adjustable weight bench. However, an adjustable weight bench makes a wise choice for your health and most importantly fitness goals.
Adjustable weight benches are widely available on the market nowadays. These devices are frequently referred to as FID benches (flat/incline/decline), which implies that you can simply modify them to a flat position, an incline position, or a decline position. Therefore, these benches provide a wide range of inclination and decline positions, allowing for a variety of activities. You may choose the sort of adjustable weight bench based on the level of difficulty or complexity of the exercises you want to do
If you are new to exercising you are on a strict budget, then you may want to get an adjustable weight bench with few adjustments since you don’t exercise daily for longer periods. However, if you are serious about your fitness journey then you must take into account all the parameters which can make this gym equipment more comfortable and high quality for you.
In order to have a high-quality adjustable weight bench, you must be enough knowledgeable regarding the features of an efficient weight bench. Starting from the type of exercise you will be doing on this weight bench you can find your specific requirements, this way you will be more determined about buying the best weight bench that will meet or even exceed your requirements.
Important Features of A High-Quality Adjustable Weight Bench
The key to obtaining a high-quality adjustable weight bench is to first perform your study and get every piece of information by determining what you need from this adjustable weight bench and what your training session requires. You must completely understand the workouts you will execute on this weight bench. This homework will assist you in purchasing the item you want, not the one that seems to be the best option. Here, we’ve compiled a list of crucial considerations that will assist you in selecting an adjustable weight bench that will meet your demands precisely.
All metal parts should be coated
This is very important and standard on most adjustable weight benches. You must stay away from any that don’t have coated parts. You definitely don’t want your bench to rust when you sweat so that’s why it’s very crucial to grab the one which has all coated metal parts.
Must be easy to put together
Most adjustable weight benches come boxed “with some assembly required”. If this is the case, you surely want to have to follow instructions for how to put the bench together. For this purpose, you can take help from online reviews, and don’t forget to read some useful customer feedback from Amazon.com.
It should give you the positions you need
This is another important point since some people want an incline weight bench while others want an adjustable back. Whatever you want highly depends on the types of exercises that you are planning to do with your bench. So, get what suits your workout style.
It must have a high enough weight rating to help you with what you need:
If you are really into doing some lifting on your adjustable weight bench, be sure to check out the bearing specification of the model you are deciding to buy. This way you will be more confident about doing serious exercises on that bench.
The Benefits of Adjustable Weight Bench
- The first and foremost benefit which we want to state is the flexibility to do a range of exercises with a varying degree of difficulty by increasing or decreasing the angle. This unlimited range of exercises is plus of weight benches compared with flat bench or any bench with only two to three adjustment capabilities.
- The adjustable weight bench is an excellent piece of progressive resistance apparatus. Starting with the uncontested king of upper body workouts, the flat bench press. Flat benching optimally stimulates the pecs, front deltoids, lats, and triceps responsible for resisting the lowering. The 45-degree inclined press is the best exercise for developing the upper pecs.
- Don’t forget to perform curls while using various inclined angles. When back braced, seated overhead pressing is more stable. While on an adjustable weight bench, you get the flexibility to do flat flyes, incline flyes and dumbbell lateral raises. So, doesn’t it sound like an adjustable weight bench is the most commonly used gym equipment other than barbells and dumbbells?
- Having a high-quality adjustable weight bench not only gives you an excellent way to perform a great number of workouts but also supports you in your journey of advancing your workouts in the future to the next level. So, with all the additional attachments/options, you get a chance for more variety and diversity in your fitness activities being performed in the gym.
- It helps you to balance your weight and body. So, you can easily provide very good support to your overall body parts while lifting heavyweights. It also protects the joints from being injured or broken due to a very comfortable body position on the bench. So, there is no need to be tensed or stressed about losing control and slipping down and focus completely on your weight lifting.
If you are a beginner to your fitness journey with an adjustable weight bench you should stick to some basic rules like proper posture which is necessary to follow and a right breathing technique that you should use while performing the exercises. These basic rules help you to get good balance and support which are a great help in relaxing and exercising without the fear of falling down or losing your balance.
If you are a serious weight lifter then these adjustable weight benches can be way more beneficial for you in hard training and long sessions of workout. We hope this guide helped you a lot in signifying your knowledge of adjustable weight bench and you feel more confident about making a new purchase now.